Hyundai Veloster Turbo
Hyundai Motor America introduced the all-new 2013 Veloster Turbo armed with 201 horsepower in a world debut at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS). Veloster Turbo is one bookend to Hyundai’s turbocharged sports coupe line-up, paired with the refreshed 274 horsepower, rear-wheel drive 2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0T (Turbo) also debuting at the show today.
“The Turbo further broadens Veloster’s hero role in the Hyundai line-up to attract our next generation of buyers,” said Mike O’Brien, vice president, product and corporate planning, Hyundai MotorAmerica. “It’s powerful, high-tech and fuel-efficient, attributes which we think make Veloster Turbo the ultimate innovation in the sport coupe segment.”
The 2013 Veloster Turbo arrives, facing off against worthy competitors such as the Volkswagen GTI, Honda Civic Si and Mini Cooper/Clubman S with a better power-to-weight ratio than all of them, and a unique sport-tuned steering and suspension hardware set.
HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2013 Veloster Turbo (Exclusive Turbo features)
- Powered by a new 1.6-liter Turbocharged-Gasoline Direct Injection (T-GDI) engine and in-house six-speed automatic or manual transmission
- Horsepower: 201 at 6000 RPM
- Highway fuel economy estimated at 35 mpg (M/T)
- Best-in-class specific output at 125.6 horsepower per liter
- Best-in-class weight to power ratio of 14 lbs/hp
- Sport-tuned engine intake and exhaust note
- Sport-tuned steering
- Unique front fascia, foglights and ground effects
- Hyundai-first Matte Gray paint
- Unique 18-inch alloy wheels with chrome inserts
- Projection headlights with unique LED headlight accents
- Side mirrors with turn signal indicators
- Unique LED taillights
- Supervision cluster
- Leather seating surfaces with driver’s lumbar support
- Heated front seats
- Turbo exclusive Graphite Black interior with Blue accents and headliner graphics
Veloster Turbo is the first vehicle in Hyundai’s 7/11 product initiative (seven new or redesigned models in the next 11 months). Hyundai just completed its 24/7 version 2.0 product initiative (seven new or redesigned models in 24 months), with the debut of the 2012 Hyundai Azera.