When the GLA launches next year you will not only be able to order from the list of standard models, but a exclusive Edition 1 variant as well. The Edition 1 GLA will be garnished with exclusive details both inside and out. Exterior styling is based on their Urban line with simulated underguard and roof rails in chrome, bi-xenon headlamps, 19-inch AMG light-alloy wheels finished in high-gloss black, a black radiator grille louvre with chrome inserts, black-painted exterior mirrors, black waistline trim strips and dark-tinted glass starting from the B-pillars. The Edition 1 will be available in four exclusives paint finishes, cirrus white, orient brown metallic, mountain grey metallic and designo magno mountain grey.
Interior highlights include the DESERT DUST with
- seats which are only available in the Edition 1 upholstered in nut brown leather and Alvorada fabric with striking moccasin stitching
- 3-spoke multifunction sports steering wheel in leather, with perforated grip area and flattened bottom section
- sports pedals in brushed stainless steel with rubber studs
- aluminium trim with trapezoidal grain
- air vents with nozzle ring and cross element in silver chrome
- cover over the stowage compartment in the centre console
- cord floor mats with stitching in the appointments colour
- black roof liner and
- Light and Sight package (single-tone ambient lighting; illumination of the stowage compartment in the centre console; illuminated make-up mirror for driver and front passenger; illuminated front door sill panels with Mercedes lettering; front and rear footwell lighting; interior mirror with additional lighting; rear lighting with integral reading lamps and locator lighting; windscreen wipers with rain sensor, courtesy and warning lights for driver and front passenger doors).
“With the new GLA we are opening up the compact SUV segment for Mercedes-Benz,” said Ola Källenius, Member of the Divisional Board Mercedes‑Benz Cars Marketing & Sales. “The GLA adds a new emotional variant to the comprehensive SUV range from Mercedes-Benz with which we aim to win over numerous new customers to our brand. Our exclusive Edition 1 is a particularly alluring proposition to boost the market launch.”
Engine options will be similar to the standard range, 1.6 and 2.0-litre petrol engines 115 kW (156 hp) from the GLA 200 and the 155 kW (211 hp) from the GLA 250. Two diesel engines, from the GLA 200 CDI develops 100kw (136 hp), has a displacement of 2.2 litres and maximum torque of 300 Nm and the 2.2 litres that develops 125 kW (170 hp) and 350 Nm from the GLA 220 CDI.