If you own a Toyota and have every wanted to get it on the track, then this event is just what you have been waiting for.
The Toyota Festival at Hampton Downs Motorsport Park Saturday 31st May 2014 is for the everyday driver who wants to put there own car to the test, experience the thrills of the race track, learn from New Zealand’s top drivers The event include professional driver coaching, skid pan, show & shine competition, an open Toyota Racing garage showcasing the TR86, the chance to test your single seater skills in the ETEC Toyota Racing Series simulator, as well as a range of giveaways including 20 hot laps with a professional driver. The Richards Motorsport Toyota V8 Camry will also be running hot laps, with two winners drawn from the first 200 people to register invited to enjoy track time. Kiwi Formula 1 Chris Amon will be there and you may even get to see him take on this great track.
“New Zealanders are not only passionate motorsport fans, we love our cars and we love driving. The Festival is all about celebrating that passion with a group of like minded Kiwis in a fun and friendly setting.”
The Toyota Festival was born last year in 2013 by Toyota 86 owners and clubs. The big change this year will be that the doors will be open to fans of all Toyota models, something Toyota Assistant General Manager Marketing Andrew Davis says.
“While last year was about giving our die-hard 86 owners a chance to get a genuine track experience in their car, this year we’ve opened the gates and encourage all Toyota owners to come down and enjoy some track time,” he says.
Mr Davis says the Festival is an exciting opportunity for Toyota drivers of any and all models.
“Toyota has a long history of creating cars that resonate strongly with automotive enthusiasts – vehicles such as the 86, MR2 and Altezza which all have a huge following here in New Zealand,” says Mr Davis.
“The Toyota Festival is our way of giving back to those drivers.”
Gates open for registration from 8am Saturday, 31st May at Hampton Downs with full event packages available for $135 for track time, $40 for skid pad driving only and free for those who just want to attend. For more information or to buy tickets go to www.toyotaracing.co.nz or phone track organisers Playday on Track on (07) 378 7777.
2014 Toyota Festival
- Hampton Downs Motorsport Park
- Saturday, 31st May 2014
- Registration from 8am, event closes 6:30pm
- Track driving – $135
- Skid pan afternoon session from 1pm – $40 (track registration fee includes morning skid pan session)
- 20 hot laps up for grabs to experience Hampton Downs at racing speeds with a professional driver
- Free driver coaching from Toyota Finance 86 Championship competitors
- Toyota Racing Series simulator
- Meguiar’s Show & Shine – 4 x $100 Meguiar’s packs up for grabs
- Toyota Racing garage – experience the garage, get up close with current TR 86 race cars
- Toyota Racing hospitality setup including light morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea for registered participants
- Sausage sizzle from 4.30pm until 6.30pm
- Registration pack for the first 200
- Spot prizes from Toyota Racing and Motul
All registered drivers will be required to undertake a full safety briefing by event organisers Playday on Track. Safety equipment will be mandatory and will be provided on the day by Playday on Track.
Photo Credit – Toyota NZ