I must admit I am starting to lose track of all the new models that the manufacture are pushing out these days, finding any tiny gap in their line up and filling it with another variant of what they already have. However, when I hear someone say those three letter, AMG, my ears prick up and I tune into what they are saying. Even though Mercedes are mainly going in search of a younger more exciting customer, The facts are pretty straight forward when it comes to an AMG model. It will be fast, it will have enough torque to tow a house, it will sound amazing, and it will cost a lot.
And this time it seems they have not disappointed us, as the official 0-110km/h is 4.7 seconds. Which is not surprising when its packing a AMG 2.0-litre turbo unit is related to the 4.0-litre V8 biturbo engine in the new Mercedes-AMG GT. This new engine produces 265kw and 450 Nm between 2250-5000 rpm. This is also combined with AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT 7-speed sports transmission abd a fully variable AMG Performance 4MATIC all-wheel drive train.
Still no price figures, but its packed full of stock options, and has a pretty sizeable list of optional features.
The standard specification also includes the following features (selection):
- ADAPTIVE BRAKE
- ATTENTION ASSIST
- COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST PLUS
- Curve Dynamic Assist
- Active bonnet
- AMG door sill panels in brushed stainless steel at front
- AMG floor mats
- Bi-xenon headlamps
- Audio 20 USB multimedia system
- Brushed stainless steel sports pedals
Customers are able to lend their CLA 45 AMG Shooting Brake an even more
- Red painted brake callipers with AMG lettering in black
- Carbon-fibre exterior mirror housings
- Carbon-fibre trim
- Performance exhaust system
- Performance steering wheel
- Performance seats
- 8 x 19-inch multi-spoke light-alloy wheels painted matt black,
- rim flange in high-sheen finish, with 235/35 R 19 tyres
- COMAND Online
- Load compartment floor with aluminium strips and lockable aluminium handle
- DISTRONIC PLUS proximity control system including COLLISION
- PREVENTION ASSIST PLUS
- Lane Tracking package including Lane Keeping Assist and Blind Spot Assist
- EASY-PACK tailgate
- Intelligent Light System
- Load Compartment package
- Electric panoramic sliding glass sunroof
Instead of the previous edition one models, Mercedes are releasing an OrangeArt Edition CLA 45 AMG, which seems to be an dark grey CLA with orange trim or sticking anywhere they could put it. But in saying that, its not half bad. I guess we will just have to wait and hope we can Road Test it to see what it’s really all about.