It has been three months since my last Rusty update. I thought it was close to being painted back in February, and I still think it’s close to being painted!
All of the rust repairs are done, and a couple of others, including another previous repair at the front which needed to be repaired properly. The bumpers have warped a bit with age and they have been having some difficulty getting them to fit 100%.
I keep calling in and taking a few pics of progress with my phone. Here’s some of what has been going on.
The boot and rear arch repairs are all sealed.
The A pillars are looking great.
A sticker arrived.
I tracked down some Azev Type A wheels in the correct offset and bolt pattern Only two problems – they were 18″ and in the UK. I decided to risk it and got them shipped over. They seem to fit very well indeed.
They’re currently at Levin Powder Coaters to make them all shiny and awesome.
I took a trip up North to Smash Palace and raided some cars for parts.
My shiny fiberglass spoiler arrived from Germany.
And finally Steve, Rusty’s previous owner, dropped this off for me.
So this is how the car looks now. Very little work left before paint. Honest!
Follow the full Project Rusty build here.
My build thread is on our forums here.