Ford Ranger FX4 Bi-Turbo Special Edition joins MY2020.25 line up with smart, distinctive identity, and offered in either 4WD or 2WD
- The return of the Ranger FX4 to the line-up, now with the Bi-Turbo powertrain as standard, brings customers a Ranger that combines upgrades with greater enhancement and individualisation for a more striking special-edition model
- New Ranger FX4 Bi-Turbo features include a unique Ebony Black finish mesh grille, darkened Bi-LED High Performance Lighting System, exclusive 18-inch mesh alloy wheels and FX4-specific extended sports bar for greater visual presence
- Specific FX4 leather-accented seating sees Race Red stitching that’s also used on the FX4’s steering wheel, gear selector and padded, premium soft-touch instrument panel, providing a contrast with the cabin’s darker interior finishes
- The Ranger FX4 Bi-Turbo is backed by Ford’s five-year or 150,000 kilometre factory warranty
The Ford Ranger FX4 Bi-Turbo Special Edition will be offered as part of the 2020.25MY Ford Ranger line-up. Based on the volume-selling Ranger XLT double-cab, the return of the FX4 nameplate brings with it an even more distinctive identity, with unique design elements inside and out for a fresh take on Ranger’s versatility.
“We are excited to be able to offer our customers the new FX4 with the Bi-Turbo engine alongside the class-leading ten speed automatic transmission. To have the addition of both a 4WD and 2WD Ranger FX4 really steps things up for them and it is the first time we have offered the Bi-Turbo/10-Speed combination in a 2WD Ranger,” said Simon Rutherford, Managing Director, Ford New Zealand. “And it’s all wrapped in its very own design elements and features, to offer customers a Ranger with a genuine identity as a stand-alone model.”
The Ranger FX4 Bi-Turbo sits between the Ranger XLT and Ranger Wildtrak models.
Ranger FX4 Bi-Turbo
The Ranger FX4 Bi-Turbo brings a host of new – and unique – features to the Ranger customer, which are apparent from first glance. The Ranger FX4 Bi-Turbo has a unique front mesh grille, finished in Ebony Black, flanked by darkened versions of the Bi-LED High Performance Headlights introduced for Ranger XLT, Wildtrak and Ranger Raptor. The front-end view also brings an Ebony Black lower valence and mirror caps.
New FX4 specific 18-inch alloy wheels, an inch larger than the Ranger XLT’s 17-inch alloys, continue the black detailing, with black DLO, door handles and front guard fender feature contrasting the red ‘FX4’ lower front door and tailgate decals, all with a 3D effect.
Completing the look, the FX4’s tray hosts a protective bed liner and an extended black-finish sports bar.
The extensive black treatment applied to the outside, and there are five exterior colour choices for Ranger FX4 Bi-Turbo, which consist of Shadow Black, Arctic White, True Red, Meteor Grey and Aluminium Metallic.
To summarise the Ranger FX4 Bi-Turbo exterior enhancements:
- Darkened Bi-LED High Performance headlights
- FX4 mesh front grille in Ebony Black finish
- 18-inch FX4 alloy wheels
- 3D effect FX4 front door decal in distinctive red
- 3D effect FX4 tailgate decal
- Black-finished FX4 extended sports bar
- Ebony Black exterior mirrors, door/tailgate handles and fender features
Ranger FX4 Bi-Turbo interior
The Ranger FX4 Bi-Turbo’s cabin hits the right notes with specific FX4 front seating. The sports bucket seats are leather-accented with a special pattern design, and are embossed with red FX4 logos on the seatbacks. These compliment the contrasting Race Red stitching that’s been applied to the gear selector, handbrake boot and the Ranger FX4 Bi-Turbo’s steering wheel, door trim and special FX4-branded floor mats.
Bolstering the overall effect is the Ranger FX4 Bi-Turbo’s premium black ‘soft top’ instrument panel, inspired by Ranger Wildtrak, while the door tops are finished in Tinted Graphite to further bring out the Race Red detailing throughout the cabin.
Specific interior treatments for the Ranger FX4 Bi-Turbo:
- FX4-designed front-row leather-accented seating with contrasting Race Red stitching and embossed FX4 logos
- Leather-appointed second-row seating with FX4 Race Red stitching detail
- FX4 carpet mats in both front and second rows
- Premium soft-touch instrument panel top
- Tinted Graphite accents on instrument panel and door trim
- Race Red contrasting stitching on instrument panel, steering wheel, gear selector, centre console
In addition to the FX4-specific appointments, the Ranger FX4 Bi-Turbo brings standard cabin features including SYNC 3 with voice-activated sat-nav, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone compatibility, a full-colour reversing camera and digital instrumentation.
5 Star Safety & Driver Assist Technologies standard
Driver Assist Technology standard on Ranger FX4 Bi-Turbo includes Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Keeping Aid (LKA) with Lane Departure Warning and Driver Alert, Traffic Sign Recognition and Automatic High-beam headlights. The current Ford Ranger line-up has been rated at five-stars by the Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP).
Under the bonnet
For the first time, Ranger FX4 Bi-Turbo is offered with the latest generation 2.0 litre Bi-Turbo, 10-speed powertrain as standard on either the 4WD or 2WD.
With 157kW/500Nm, the Bi-Turbo powertrain was first introduced on the Ford Performance Ranger Raptor and is fitted with the specifically tuned, new generation 10-speed paddle shift automatic. The 10-speed automatic includes a lock-out feature to hold specific gears when towing, giving the Ranger FX4 Bi-Turbo a towing capacity of 3500Kg braked. In addition to the highly capable towing, the Bi-Turbo brings a fuel efficiency figure of 6.7 litres/100km combined for the 2WD and 7.4 litres/100km combined on the 4WD, showing the depth of its capabilities.
The Ranger FX4 Bi-Turbo Special Edition is now available alongside the full 2020.25MY Ford Ranger line-up in Ford Dealerships.
RRP (GST inclusive):
2WD FX4 BiTurbo Double Cab: $ 55,390 +ORC
4WD FX4 BiTurbo Double Cab: $ 67,890 +ORC