It seems MINI is going for exclusivity with these two new models, with just 10 of MINI John Cooper Works 3-Door Hatches, and 3 MINI John Cooper Works Convertibles becoming available.
There’s blacked-out exterior treatment with specific edition badging, upgraded John Cooper Works parts and other accessories
The Nightfall Edition Hatch is priced at $70,990, while the Convertible is at $75,990.
These latest special editions are based on the MINI John Cooper Works 3-Door Hatch and MINI John Cooper Works Convertible, both powered by tuned-up 2.0-litre TwinPower Turbo engines developing 170kW and 320Nm, driving the front wheels via an 8-speed automatic.
The fixed roof pocket rocket completes the 0-100km/h sprint in 6.1 seconds, and if you want that with wind in your hair, the same process takes just 0.4 seconds more.
The Nightfall Edition then douses both cars in darkness. Exteriors are finished in a deep Enigmatic Black Metallic, and all chrome surfaces such as the headlight covers, door handles and waistline finishers on the Hatch have been re-treated in Piano Black.
Both cars also feature a number of John Cooper Works upgrades, including a carbon fibre bonnet scoop, a John Cooper Works Sports Brake System upgrade, 17-inch Track spoke wheels finished in black and John Cooper Works tailpipe surrounds.
Edition specific badging and special blacked-out MINI logos complete the dark and bold exterior treatments to both Nightfall Edition MINI variants.
Inside, dark themes are extended on both cars with an Anthracite headlining (3-door Hatch only), piano black interior surfaces and carbon black Dinamica/Leather combination John Cooper Works sports seats.
John Cooper Works upgrades continue inside, and here drivers receive a tactile treat thanks to a John Cooper Works steering wheel finished in alcantara, as well as a John Cooper Works handbrake finished in carbon fibre.
MINI’s latest suite of interior technologies are showcased in both cars. Behind the steering wheel, a 5-inch digital screen replaces the traditional instrument binnacle, while the latest in infotainment, including wireless Apple CarPlay connectivity, are shown in an 8.8-inch touchscreen monitor in the centre console.
“MINI enthusiasts have always been big fans of our John Cooper Works variants, and these new Nightfall Editions are sure to increase their appeal. We’ve packed a massive amount of additional John Cooper Works upgrades into both cars, and we expect both cars to deliver heart-pounding thrills on both road and race track,” commented Brett Waudby, General Manager for MINI in Australia and New Zealand on the new MINI Nightfall Editions.
Both models are now available for order online via MINI’s pioneering online deposit process.
Key highlights of the MINI Nightfall Edition John Cooper Works 3-door Hatch and Convertible:
- Enigmatic Black Metallic Exterior Paint
- Piano Black Exterior
- Piano Black MINI badges and Edition-specific badging
- John Cooper Works Carbon Fibre Bonnet Scoop
- John Cooper Works Carbon Fibre Tailpipe Surrounds
- John Cooper Works 17-inch Track Spoke alloy wheels Finished in Black
- John Cooper Works Sports Brake System
- John Cooper Works Carbon Black Leather/Dinamica Sports Seats
- John Cooper Works PRO Steering wheel in Alcantara
- John Cooper Works PRO Handbrake in Carbon Fibre
- Piano Black Interior
- Anthracite Headliner (3-door Hatch only)
- MINI Navigation system with Real Time Traffic Information and 8.8 touchscreen monitor
- Adaptive LED headlights incl. Union Jack tail lights
- Adaptive cruise control
- Comfort Access
- Reversing Camera
- Wireless Phone Charging in armrest
- MINI Connected Drive Services
- Apple CarPlay®
- Emergency call and Teleservices
- Harman Kardon HiFi Sound System with 12 speakers (410 Watt) and 8-ch digital amplifier
|Model||Engine||Power / Torque||0-100km/h||Fuel Use||CO2|
|MINI John Cooper Works 3-door Hatch||4-cylinder petrol 1,998cm3||170kW/320Nm||6.1s||6.0 l/100 km||137 g/km|
|MINI John Cooper Works Convertible||4-cylinder petrol 1,998cm3||170kW/320Nm||6.5s||6.3 l/100 km||144 l/km|