The third-generation Renault Zoe offers increased power and range, a host of technological improvements and a more sophisticated character throughout, according to Renault.
Inside, the completely redesigned interior has a more modern and elegant environment, with the addition of more premium materials and the latest connectivity and features. Under the skin, the new ZOE has a 52kWh battery which delivers a range of up to 395 kilometres (WLTP). There are also more charging options, including the introduction of a direct current (DC) charger. There’s a new R135 (100 kW) motor option, making it the quickest, most responsive ZOE yet.
Innovative new features enhance the driving and ownership experience, including increased connectivity, Renault’s state-of-the-art EasyLink infotainment system and a configurable 10-inch TFT driver display. A new B Mode, increases regenerative braking and allows one-pedal operation to make urban driving easier, while a range of advanced driving aids make journeys safer and more enjoyable.
Renault New Zealand General Manager, Sam Waller says, “The improvements made to the ZOE across the board, the ability to travel up to 395 kilometres, the DC charging capability, plus with the Government rebate make this new generation ZOE a very popular small electric car choice.”
Customers have an expanded colour range to choose from: Titanium Grey, Glacier White, Celedon Blue, Star Black, Quartz Blanc White, Blueberry, Flamme Red and Highland Grey. The new Zoe will be in Renault ZOE in dealerships this month.
The new ZOE is an affordable new EV on the market, with prices starting from just $55,365 for the Zen model. This price is after the government’s Clean Car Discount of $8,625.
* Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedure
Renault ZOE: at a glance
- Increased driving range of up to 395 km (WLTP) from new 52kWh battery
- New powerful 100kW R135 electric motor delivers stronger acceleration
- New regenerative braking B Mode allows one-pedal driving
- Faster charging with 50kW DC capability and 22kW AC charging as standard across the range.
- Restyled exterior with a more dynamic design and new colours
- LED headlamps standard across the range
- Redesigned interior with premium materials and 10-inch TFT instrument cluster
- EasyLink multimedia system with Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™ integration
- Parts of the interior are made from 100 per cent recycled plastics
- Eight-year/160,000km warranty for the battery
- Three-year/unlimited vehicle warranty
- Attracts Government’s Clean Car rebate of $8,625
- Renault ZOE is Europe’s number one selling EV. One in every five EV’s in Europe is a ZOE
|Motor||80kW R110||100kW R135|
|Battery size||52 kWh||52 kWh|
|50kW DC fast charging capable||Yes||Yes|
|Alloy wheel type||16″ alloy||16″ diamond finish alloy|
|Lane Departure Warning system||Yes||Yes|
|Lane Keeping Assistance system||Yes||Yes|
|High Beam Assistance system||Yes||Yes|
|Blind-Spot Monitoring systems||No||Yes|
|Front and rear parking sensors||Yes||Yes|
|Rear parking camera||Yes||Yes|
|Comfort & Convenience|
|Multimedia system||7″ touchscreen||7″ touchscreen|
|Apple CarPlay & Android Auto||Yes||Yes|
|Air conditioning system||Manual||Automatic|
|Heated front seats||No||Yes|
|Heated steering wheel||No||Yes|