• The 397kW Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm performance vehicle has arrived in New Zealand
• New Zealand has secured four exclusive certified, numbered units. Only 500 numbered units were built, with all vehicles sold to car enthusiasts from all over the world, including significant numbers from China, Japan, and Australia.
• A true celebration of Alfa Romeo’s 111-year history, the GTAm is inspired by the Giulia GTA of 1965: the “Gran Turismo Alleggerita” developed by Autodelta and based on the Giulia Sprint GT.
• The Giulia GTAm benefits from an impressive weight reduction, thanks to the broad use of ultralight materials, delivering a best-in-class power/weight ratio.
• The track-ready, but street-legal GTAm variant is uniquely characterised by two racing seats, roll bar and 6-point safety belts.
• Buyers were able to personalise their GTAm in the form of body colour, brakes, interior stitching, seatbelts and roll bar, creating distinctive specifications for their taste.
• Customers will receive a dedicated Experience Package including, racing helmet personalised with the car serial number, Goodwool car cover and an Alpinestars racing kit including suit, gloves, and boots.
• The Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm is priced at $349,990 with customer deliveries commencing this month
Drawing on Alfa Romeo’s rich racing heritage and the 1965 Giulia Sprint GTA, one of the most successful Alfa Romeo vehicles in history, these powerful sedans now carry the GTA name, which stands for “Gran Turismo Alleggerita”, alleggerita being the Italian term for “lightened”.
Four New Zealanders have been afforded the opportunity to own a piece of Alfa Romeo’s rich racing history with the exclusive release of the most powerful Alfa Romeo Giulia vehicle yet, the GTAm.
Based on the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, the GTAm is fitted with a more powerful version of the 2.9 V6 Bi-Turbo engine delivering 397kW. Courtesy of the extensive use of ultra-light materials, the GTAm also benefits from a weight reduction compared to the Giulia Quadrifoglio, and acceleration from 0 to 100km/h in 3.6 seconds.
Giulia GTAm adopts technical and aerodynamic solutions that are a nod to the world of racing and Formula 1. Alfa Romeo says their technical solutions have been developed by Alfa Romeo engineers to improve aerodynamics, alignment and handling, with the addition of new 20-inch wheel rims with a single locking nut, for the first time in a sedan, and the titanium Akrapovič central exhaust system delivering unmistakable sound.
Following the global reveal of the Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA and GTAm in late 2020, a select number of New Zealand collectors and racing enthusiasts have secured one of the four limited vehicles, through a tailored consultation process following expressions of interest via our Alfa Romeo Dealership Network. As part of the exclusive global program, the four New Zealand owners will receive a certified, numbered vehicle, and have had the opportunity to personalise their GTAm vehicle by selecting brake callipers, seat belts, interior stitching, liveries and roll bar. The GTAm also comes with the exclusive Experience Package including personalised race helmet, racing suit and shoes, Goodwool car cover and more.
“Alfa Romeo GTAm enthusiasts who have secured one of these exclusive vehicles are passionate about the racing DNA of the brand.” Says Sarah Williams, Alfa Romeo New Zealand’s Marketing Manager.
“These limited-edition vehicles are the ultimate combination of form and function, with timeless performance. We look forward to seeing these incredible vehicles on New Zealand roads, shortly.”
Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm Standard Equipment:
• Carbon ceramic brake discs
• Lexan 2nd row and rear windows
• 8.8” touchscreen infotainment
• Carbon fibre roof
• Carbon fibre front end
• Widened front and rear tracks
• Single nut 20” wheels
• Full Alcantara wrapped interiors
• Matt carbon interior accents
• Carbon fibre rear diffuser
• Alcantara wrapped rear bulkhead
• Upgraded aero kit (front and rear)
• Carbon fibre Sabelt sport seats
• Central Akrapoviĉ exhaust
• Numbered badge on steering wheel
• Badges under clearcoat
• Carbon fibre V shape front grille and mirror caps
• DNA Pro with RACE mode
• Specific GTA HMI with Launch Control function
• Coloured stitching (black) on dashboard
• Coloured 6-point harness seatbelts (black)
• Exterior paint – Montreal Green, and Edna Rosso – Red (Edna Rosso is exclusive to GTA/GTAm)
• Coloured brake calipers (anodised)
• Exclusive Experience Pack